Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Update on Henry and I


Here I am at almost 32 weeks (always round up when you're pregnant!). Every time I see a picture of myself I think my face is as pregnant as my belly! But it's all good as long as it comes off quickly right? I am feeling a lot better than I was a few weeks ago. Henry spends most of his time head down now, so I can breathe a lot better, and I can tolerate his movements more. He's also slowed down as he runs out of room. In fact, I don't think I've felt him move much at all today, which DIDN'T used to happen. I've figured out how to sleep better, I now sleep with 4 pillows. And a little bit of Benadryl never hurts either!

I'm getting excited now, I've even watched TLC's A Baby Story a few times. I'm super nervous about delivery. After having such an easy delivery with Dawson, I imagine I'm due for another hard delivery. Hopefully I'm wrong. It's still looking good for the new women's center, which makes me VERY happy. I'm excited to be in a brand new facility, and to have a bed for Dave to sleep in. I'll just tell you all now that I love visitors or phone calls. You can call my cell or the Logan Hospital and ask for me. PLEASE DO! I was SO bored when I had Dawson. Don't worry about disturbing me or waking me, anything is better than the hospital boredom. I have to stay for 2 full days because of the maternity insurance I am on, otherwise I think I would walk out of the hospital as soon as my epidural wore off. I'll try to post "I am in labor" when the time comes, so you know when this little guy is coming. That is if I know I'm in labor this time, last time I was in denial.

I finally bought some diapers today, I still have nursing pads from Dawson, I have the clothes ready, and I got out the Bundle Me to wash and put on the carseat. After that I think I will be ready, it's really quite easy this third time around. There is so little to buy, and everything is still fairly handy from Dawson. It's great. Maybe I'll even have a hospital bag packed and in the car this time a little earlier. I just never thought Dawson would come so early, but now that I know it's quite possible, I can be prepared.

I'm having tons of contractions, but what's new? I have been an excellent contractor through all three of my pregnancies, so I'm used to it. But they are fairly strong a lot of the time, and sometimes (like last night) I have too many and I need to take a bath or lay down to get them to stop.

So that's the update on the pregnancy. We are all healthy and happy, and excited to meet our new little boy. Now comes the countdown. At least 5 more weeks, hopefully not too many more!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Sounds good! You look great, face and all, really, I mean it.
I'll be sure to call you to get some good labor story details:) I'm excited for you! Oh, and labor will be a breeze. He will pop on out and you will feel great in exactly no time at all!
AND the nurses will leave you alone and let you sleep at night. Right...

Jocee Bergeson said...

I really can't believe your about to have #3 when you had #2 and I had #1 at the same time. You are a superstar!! :) You look cute - pregnancy is so cute on other people!! Can't wait for the "I'm in Labor" post...it could be anytime w/ your early deliveries.

Dede said...

You look great Erica! It 's so fun to see pregnant photos. I can't believe you are going to be the mother of 3 boys!! You will be great. Hang in there - you're almost there :)

Unknown said...

That's so exciting I wish I only had 5 more weeks... I am jealous!! Good Luck can't wait to see this little guy!

Anonymous said...

I think you look beautiful...good luck with the new baby.