Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Joy School

Today was Isaac's first day of Joy School. I am teaching Joy School for the first 3 weeks, and then it rotates to the other houses for the rest of the semester. This works perfectly for me because it would be a challenge to teach with Dawson and a newborn around. School is on Wednesday and Friday from 9:30 to 12:30. We feed the kids a snack and lunch. The first day went really well. I think we have a great group, they are a good mix of kids and personalities. We were missing one boy today, he was sick, we will usually have 5 kids. I really had fun teaching, and will enjoy my three weeks, but I will also really enjoy dropping Isaac off for free the rest of the year.

Here is a picture of the kids coloring. They were supposed to color a picture of themselves at Joy School.... I couldn't recognize anything on any of the papers, but they sure had fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! That looks like a lot of work but fun for you the rest of the year!

Jocee Bergeson said...

Ok - this looks like a fun stage of mothering! I look forward to making lesson plans rather than weaning Sage off the breast! :) So, did you decide to do "Joy School" b/c there aren't good preschools or b/c it free and just as good as what's around? Sounds fun. BTW, I'm planning on you for some advice for weaning Sage. No pressure... :)

Trisha said...

How fun! If you want any ideas let me know. Not that I'm an expert or anything like that, I just had to plan a lot of preschool stuff for work, ya know:)
Good idea to take the first 3 weeks, even if you weren't having a baby, you get to have the rest of the semester off! Nice.