Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oh I just thought of a good one!

Have any of you had Zucchini Chowder lately? This recipe came from my friend Jocee, and I have no idea where she got it from. Tis the season to be making this soup, and it is to die for! Grab some zucchini from your garden, or your neighbors garden, and make this soup. MMmmmmmm!

Zucchini Chowder

2 medium zucchini, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 Tablespoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 can corn
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Pinch sugar
14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
12 oz. can evaporated milk

In soup kettle, sauté zucchini, onion, parsley and basil in margarine until veggies are tender. Add flour, stir in the water. Add bouillon and lemon juice; mix well. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2minutes. Add tomatoes, milk and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Just before serving, stir in cheeses until melted. DOES NOT FREEZE WELL

3 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

This recipe really is the best. I got it from Brick's sister, I believe, and have made it countless times! My other very fav. soup recipe is 'Tomato Basil Soup' in the Ivory Favorites cookbook. Don't tell me you don't have this cookbook...it's a must have!!

Tiff Rudd said...

Thanks for this recipe! I have been meaning to ask you for it since you made it that day for lunch! We don't have a garden (I have the exact opposite of a green thumb), but it is on the menu anyway! -Tiff

Jocee Bergeson said...

I'm making this soup as I type...yummm!!!