Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Henry, George, and Theodore

I'm torn between wanting there to be enough Henry's out there that it isn't weird, and not wanting it to become too popular. But, I do still enjoy meeting someone else who has named or is naming their child Henry. So on to my story....

As we sat in the Honolulu airport waiting to depart, I had my eye on a certain family.... They had three little boys with messy hair, each wearing a matching green Hawaiian shirt. The shirts matched the Dad's shirt as well. Of course I have an interest in families with 3 boys, and I had also just purchased a third red Hawaiian shirt matching Dave's so all my boys can match too. (Really I have my eye on a 5 boy family that we know through EFY. They all have matching blue eyes and dark brown hair, that was the family I dreamed of, but anyway) So I struck up a conversation with this cute mother. I bragged to her that I was having my third boy too, and I too had matching shirts for my boys. She asked me what I was going to name my baby, and when I told her, her mouth dropped open. It turns out her boys are named George, Henry, and Theodore. I told her she has excellent taste.

So what are the chances of finding someone with both of those names in their family? It was kind of fun.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

How funny! You and her are probably long lost soul mates:) Theodore is a nice name too.. but I like Henry.
I know exactly what you mean about wanting the name to be not too common but not obscure:) Henry will be fine.

Anonymous said...

What a fun blog! I enjoyed going back and reading a bunch! Good luck with the campaign! I really like the name Henry too. Wish our baby could be named! I am now over 20 weeks and we still don't know what we are having! I am having a hard time finding a doctor out here. Anyway, looking forward to keeping in touch this way!

Jocee Bergeson said...

That really is funny...I do like the name Henry, but I'm still stuck on Dawson. I love that name!