Sunday, September 23, 2007

Homecoming 2007

This weekend it was Utah State's homecoming. The weekend started out with the first Cheerleader/Aggiette reunion since 1980. Every cheerleader or aggiette from Utah State EVER was invited to come. It was really fun to see my old team, and get updated on their lives. It was also fun to see who else we knew there.... Like Linda Champlin! Trisha's mother-in-law. We also saw a lady from our ward, and several other people that Dave knew. My wonderful stunt partner Dave Ratliff was there, I literally haven't seen him since the last game that I cheered at. It was a fun evening, and we had to get a picture of the 3 freshman from my first year. Chaney, Kurstin, and I really bonded that first year as everything was so new to us. Here we are

Then on Saturday we went to the parade in the morning. It was fun to see the band and the cheerleaders. It got even more fun when Isaac got the hang of picking up all the candy. My purse was overflowing with tootsie rolls when we left. Dawson loved the action in the parade, and he was just pleased as punch with the candy. It was SO fun!

Here is Daws enjoying a tootsie roll and the fire engine driving by.
Isaac's best friend- Big Blue!

Here comes the band
We wanted to go enjoy the tailgate party before the game, but it was raining, so we went to the Olive Garden instead. Dave invited his parents and we had both forgotten that it was their anniversary. So we had them bring out a cake and sing to them. I got the never-ending pasta bowl, but I was totally full after one bowl. I got penne with the new sauce- sausage and peppers... IT was to die for!

We showed up at the game about an hour late, so we were actually able to make it through the game to watch the fireworks at the end. We totally should have won this game, they lost it in the last 2 minutes. It was embarrassing! Poor aggie football, they really need help. But it was really fun anyway. Here we all are at the game, except Dawson, he was in the backpack.Here is Dawson enjoying the game from the backpack.
Isaac and Dawson were surprised with an early Christmas present from their grandparents. The aggie apparel was on sale, so Grandma Low returned with football jerseys for our boys. Isaac was so excited as he had outgrown his aggie shirt. He might just have to be a football player for Halloween. Isaac could not have been happier, and I was quite pleased too to be off the hook on shopping. Thanks grandma!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

How fun that you got to see your old cheer buddies. Daws and Isaac looked like they had a great time.

Trisha said...

That looks like SO much fun!
I missed out on two fun parties yesterday:( The cheer reuinion and game and also Zach's ten-year HS reunion.
Bummer.
So fun for the boys in their Aggie gear! I LOVE Isaac's hat! That's awesome!
I miss the Aggies!

Jocee Bergeson said...

Wow - sounds like an awesome weekend!! I miss the good ol' Aggie days..... :)

Tiff Rudd said...

What a cute family! Sounds like a great and busy weekend! I miss the Aggies too!:)How are you feeling lately? You look fantastic! You can't even tell you are pregnant, not fair!! - Tiff