Sunday, September 2, 2007

Campaign Update 9/2/07

I am having so much fun with this campaigning. I'm to the point where I couldn't even care less about election day, but I'm having a blast with the campaign. Dave has been working on his flyer, and it has been completely revamped several times. We have been practicing his answers to questions, especially figuring out what his platform even is. It's been neat getting to know the other candidates, and learning about the issues. This week we will be knocking doors and committing people to vote. I got assigned to the Cobblestone area, and I am so excited! I miss my old neighbors terribly, and this gives me a great excuse to go visit them.

One of my favorite things from this week is this Herald Journal article about all the fuss in Providence. http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/2007/09/02/news/news01.txt

One of the comments of the article said this:

"So what kind of growth candidates do we have in Providence? Dale Astle: controlled growth. Don Briel: controlled growth. Don Calderwood: planned growth. Sharell Eames: responsible growth. Linda Goetze: limited growth. Diana Hatfield: knock yourselves out growth. Ron Leichty: responsible growth. David Gordon Low: souls in heaven need bodies and bodies need houses growth. John Russel: planned growth. Val Simmons: just loves growth. "

"Souls in heaven need bodies and bodies need houses growth." I almost died laughing when I read that! This person must understand Dave is a seminary teacher and is teasing him about it or something. I think it is so funny! So funny I put it on my blog! I hope the rest of the things said about Dave are good or funny, and not mean. I don't see how people could say anything mean about him, but I guess we'll see.

Anyway, like I said, I am having fun with all this. I am SO glad he ended up running, it has really expanded my mind and made me laugh alot!

1 comment:

Jocee Bergeson said...

That is such a classic comment!! I love it.