Monday, October 12, 2009

Visiting the classroom



I went to go observe Isaac in the classroom today. There are really only about 2 kids in the classroom that are NOT having any issues paying attention and/or talking during class. Both girls. Jillian happens to be one of them, so congrats Jamie! Although, she is in the far corner, so she can't really talk even if she tries, but she was always paying attention when I was there, never spaced out or anything. Maybe that's where Isaac should sit. He has a boy on either side of him that keep leaning over and talking to him. That never helps. But really, I thought he was pretty good, and I thought he would be really distracted with me there.

After class I went with him to lunch. It was fun to watch them. These little tiny kids with their lunch trays, putting condiments on their sandwiches (or in their silverware slots, you know, whatever). The lunch was great. I never eat that good at home. I wish I could go more often. I

Isaac was so excited for me to be there. He held my hand as we walked. I tried to savor every second of that, because I know that the day will come when his cheeks will burn red just at the thought that his mother is at school with him, and he definitely won't be holding my hand then.

Decent little lunch!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

That's so cool you got to go do that! I ought to go ask Chloe's teacher if that's possible.

Chloe's class is similar in the distraction arena (there are 17 boys and only 8 girls -- yikes). She loves it, though.

Glad you had such a fun time!

Joel's Family said...

Super cute. Are you volunteering in the class? I didn't realize how much he looks like you. You can definately tell who he belongs to. So glad you had a wonderful day with your little guy. Kesten talks about him all the time.

Jocee Bergeson said...

so cute. i'm glad you got to go to school w/ him....i loved going to sage's preschool. it's so fun to see them in a new setting. enjoy!!

Mindy said...

1. I don't miss cafeteria lunches.
2. You look so adorable in that picture with your handsome boy!
3. I love, love, love, LOVE that he held your hand!!! So cute!