Friday, October 16, 2009

Article says Garlic can fight off the Swine Flu

Article found here.

Maybe that's why we are practically the only healthy people left. I feel like there is a plague. Have you ever read or seen Steven King's The Stand? Kinda like that. Everyone around us is sick and we're wondering why we're not. It's probably just a matter of time. But yesterday Dawson went to preschool with his cousin and she came home with a fever/cough/etc. Isaac played with a little girl two days ago and she stayed home yesterday with swine flu. There are entire families in my neighborhood that are sick. I think I'll bring them all dinner. If I keep serving people, maybe I won't get sick.

All I ask is that I don't get sick. Most parents say they would rather be sick than their kids. I must be a bad mom. I say, I'd much rather them be sick than me. I'll spoon feed them chicken noodle soup, and nurse them back to health. But if I get sick.... who is going to take care of me? Hmmm? No one. I'll be making pancakes, changing bums, pouring bottles, breaking up fights, turning on movies and cursing motherhood the whole time. Yes, if I get sick it is the end of the world. If I could just schedule my illness over some school holidays, at least I could have Dave home to help!

I think I'll go figure out how to incorporate some garlic into my lunch. For those who know me, you know that won't be hard!

6 comments:

Katie Petersen said...

It's crazy how fast it is spreading! I think I read that 50% of the US will get it...ick! Keep staying healthy =) Thanks again for dinner!

Tiff Rudd said...

That is it...garlic for dinner...and breakfast...and lunch! :) Your posts always make me smile - thanks, I needed that today! :)

Jocee Bergeson said...

I am thinking about swine vaccine for my kids tomorrow. I thought it was a no brainer but I've heard some controversy. What are you thinking? I think I'll do ti but would love to know what you think! We've already done seasonal flu vaccines for us all. So glad you aren't sick. I've done the them vs. me sick debate a lot and think they're both HORRIBLE!! :)

Lo said...

Hi my name is Lauren, and I love garlic. I eat it on a regular basis. I have have swine flu...garlic obviously isn't a sure thing. Lame!

Chelsea said...

Hello:) It's so fun to see you again. Your boys are adorable!....and should I be embarrassed that my twins self haircuts are being talked about by even strangers? :) ha ha ! It was pretty bad! Glad to see you are doing well!

Chelsea

Amber Bradley said...

I feel the same way. Maybe we both had our turns last year! Guess I will stock up on the garlic.