Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Aimee



Yesterday we went down to Bountiful to visit my family and go to the pool with my mom. We had a wonderful, thought short, swim and the boys played on the climbing wall at the rec center. It was a lot of fun. Then in the evening we went to the cemetery, sang happy birthday, and let go green balloons in Aimee's honor (green was her favorite color). We finished off the evening with a lovely dinner at Chili's and the birthday cake was..... well what else would you get at Chili's but molten chocolate cake? Mmmm, it was delish. I enjoyed my drive home from Bountiful thinking about Aimee and feeling happy for her about where she is at now. Happy Birthday Aimee. And Happy other birthday to Jessica on the 29th which marked two years of her birth into the next life. I hope she celebrated that day on the other side, and giggle a little bit at the thought of her only being 2 years old. And if that's the way they do it, then she's older than Aimee, ha!

Thanks to my family for a great birthday party yesterday, the only thing that could have been better would be for Aimee to have made an appearance, but I understand that is a little bit difficult.

(I didn't bring my camera since I knew I would have swimming hair, yuck, but I provided some generic pictures to represent the party. Lame, I know.)

4 comments:

Christie said...

Miss her.. Happy Birthday to Aimee..

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Aimee.

Ann said...

Yes, Happy Birthday, Aimee--and Jessica. And thanks to my "oldest" daughter for bringing her beautiful self, and her beautiful blue-eyed boys down to play with me. I could not have had a better day. Love you all!!!

Jocelyn said...

I am totally unaware of the back story here, but I'm still glad you were able to be with your family on what is probably a difficult day.

Hey...I'd really love to get together one of these days.