Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another famous baby

One year ago.... we went to Phoenix. Why didn't I blog about this then? 1. I was SOOOOOO sick. 2. The photographer never sent us the photos, and Dave finally got them last month.

Just as G. Jesse had a short period of fame from his delivery, my husband has a story of his own. Dave was the first baby born in the brand new hospital in Mesa, AZ called the Desert Samaritan Hospital, now called the Banner Desert Hospital or something like that. They took this picture (Dave's only baby picture) and put it on the front page of the newspaper. I guess it's family tradition. :). At the 25th anniversary of the hospital (and Dave's 25th birthday) they flew him and his parents down to Mesa, took a picture of him holding a new baby born there, and put it on the newspaper again. Shortly after we were married, I found this newspaper picture of him holding a baby and got a little bit concerned. He assured me that he didn't have some estranged child out there, and explained his story.

Last year, a representative of the hospital contacted us and asked if we could come down for the 35th celebration. They flew Dave and I, and his parents down for a night to go to this party. Dave went on stage and spoke briefly with an interviewer, and then we ate fancy schmancy appetizers, and slurped down all the fantastic non-alcoholic drinks we could stomach. It was a lot of fun, although way too short of a trip for all that travel time.

We saved them all kinds of money on our free flight compliments of the wings on my head ;). haha, just kidding. I was very sick, and too lazy to do anything nice with my hair. So I flipped it out and created those awful wings. Other than that, nice picture eh?



Dave and his Mom, 35 years later, holding the picture from that day.


Dave and his Mom. Doesn't she look fantastic? I don't look that great after I have a baby. And I totally think Dave looks like Henry when he was born.

No comments: