Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Obsessed

I am officially obsessed wanting to know this baby's gender. I've been through all the old wive's tales, and all the new ones too. I even had my natural medicine neighbor test my body to see what she thought I was having. I have an ultrasound scheduled in a month, and I am not telling anyone when it is. Nor am I going to poll you all to see what you think it is. I don't want anyone's input, I just want an ultrasound. And I just hope I can be happy with the results. I really do want to have a girl next. But I had that strong feeling at the beginning of this pregnancy that it was a boy.

So in the mean time all I can do is ramble on my blog, and waste time obsessing over what it might or might not be! And count down until my ultrasound. I've even considered making a paper chain and cutting down one link per day so I could see progress. **SIGH** I'm obsessed.

And here is a picture of my baby bump. It's really bigger in real life, I think the camera took off 5 pounds from my gut. I guess I should be glad that on the record, I won't look as fat!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

You know, I was just SURE that James was a girl and the ultrasound was a total shocker, but I adjusted and of course James is great. I guess I'm just saying that I understand to a point and that it's totally OK to be obsessed!!! Let me know when you find out will ya?

Lo said...

Paper chains are so cool!
I would definitely suggest that.
I love you and I miss having you here to chat with!

brookiebaby said...

I think that old saying, "The camera adds ten pounds" doesn't apply when you're taking baby-bump pictures. I am soooo much bigger than my pictures show! :) But, I guess that's a good thing, right? :) I was thinking about the gender thing, and it made me think about this lady in my ward who asked what I was having. When I told her a boy, she said, "So, I'll bet you're really disappointed that's not a girl, huh?" It so caught me off guard! I'm just as happy to have a boy, as I would a girl! :) But I do hope for a girl in the future! I can't imagine NOT having a little one to dress up and do her hair! :) I hope you get your girl, but I know that if it is a boy, he'll be just as loved! :)

Cheryl said...

You could go to Fetal Photo...

Dede said...

I don't blame you Erica!! I am so excited for you to find out what you are having! I feel like I am already obsessed with finding out what I'm having next and I'm not even prego :) I can only imagine once I am pregnant how hard it will be to wait. Lets pray for some girls!