Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday dear Aimee

Wow, lots of remembering in the month of September. My family released purple balloons at the cemetery on Jessica's birthday, and green balloons today for Aimee's birthday. Those were their favorite colors throughout their life.

Aimee loved my blog. She wouldn't have liked having her birthday card written on it though. But somehow I feel like it's more likely to get to her if it's on my blog, so here it is.

Happy Birthday Aimee! To the my big sister, and the rightful oldest child of the family, I hope you had a great day. I wonder what it's like for you, maybe you don't celebrate your birthday on September 30th anymore, maybe it's December 28th now. Either way, September 30th will always be when WE celebrate your birthday, we'll never forget it.

Today you would turn 34. It would have been a tainted birthday, I'm glad you don't have to deal with that. Last year you very gracefully tried to keep the attention off of yourself even though it was your birthday. We did have cheesecake though. I wanted to make one from scratch. Instead we bought one from Costco. We thought you were safe from your cancer, surely the Lord wouldn't take you both. I never imagined we'd be celebrating this birthday without you here. We wish you were here. But really, we know you are. Thank you for staying close and watching over our family. It makes us very happy. We can't wait to see you again.

Happy Birthday!

Love,
Ery

4 comments:

Christie said...

Happy Birthday to Aimee! I often think that I should call her and we can go to lunch and catch up.. and its strange to remember again that I can't. Hope all is well with you and your family! I'm having my 3rd boy in January, so am right with you in the boys club!

Jocee Bergeson said...

You guys sure had a rough year last year. Glad this year is much better!! As you've said, Aimee and Jessica are much happier where they are now...and like you said, every day you are one day closer to being with them again. Sure makes us all glad to have the knowledge of the gospel in our lives. Happy B-day Aimee!

Dede said...

You are the best sister Aimee could ask for Erica! What a sweet thing to do for her Birthday. Happy Birthday Aimee!!

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Aimee.