Monday, September 8, 2008

Bear Lake- bored- Albinos

This weekend Dave took the older boys to Bear Lake and I stayed home with Bubba. It was lovely having quiet and sweet Bubba on Friday night, but by Saturday afternoon I realized in part what makes Henry so happy and easy..... BROTHERS! He was bored to tears without his brothers, he just crawled around looking for something exciting, and then he'd look at me and start whining. He was so bored with just me, and to be honest, I was pretty bored too. I watched a whole bunch of movies and realized that my life was pretty boring without those boys.

The big boys had a great time in Bear Lake. And even in this cold weather, when no one else even got any color, Dawson got a sunburn. Sunscreen never crossed anyone's mind with this weather, but poor Dawson has that Scandinavian skin that is essentially clear, and burns any time it makes unprotected contact with sun. Isaac, on the other hand, is 1/4 Italian, and that saves him. He didn't even show any signs that he had been in the sun. I don't think Isaac has ever been burned. But that can also be attributed to his mother's obsessive sunscreening habits. Sorry Dawson, I wish I got to choose your genetic makeup. I never would have chosen albino for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! Your family is so cute! Looks like you guys are enjoying life!