Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Vote, Vote, Vote

Vote, Vote, Vote- unless you are a goat, cause goats don't vote
vote, vote, vote- unless you are a felon, cause felons can't vote
That song was dedicated to Lauren and Kate. I'm forever grateful that you introduced me to "making fiends" so I could sing that song every time I think about voting. :) I love having obnoxious songs stuck in my head!

Anyway, it is election day, so wherever you are- GET OUT AND VOTE! I hope my husband will be able to sleep at night after all this is done. He is so sick of people making mean stuff up about him. Last night he was accused of lying at the Radio forum 2 weeks ago. The funny thing is that it was recorded and is on the radio station's website for anyone to hear. So that is a pretty easy thing to prove. When I woke up at midnight to feed Henry, he was still awake because he was so upset about it. He also went outside to get the mail and saw one of the other candidates passing out fliers. He went over to tell her good luck, and she attacked him. She told him that because he was claiming that he would "vote with integrity" that he was implying that the other candidates wouldn't vote with integrity. Her signs say "She listens." He should have told her that implied he didn't listen. The ultimate irony of it all is that not only did she NOT listen to him, she can't stop talking! 20 minutes later he walked inside looking totally deflated. I feel bad for him, but it will all be over tonight. (hopefully)

And now onto the good news......
I am taking a trip to Boston and Maine with my sisters over Christmas break. My Dad booked me a first class ticket yesterday, so I can go with Aimee and Lauren. (They already had their tickets) Thanks Dad! Henry will get to go see our relatives in Maine, and he can spend some time with his aunts too. I'm so excited to go on this fun trip with my sisters!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Yikes, from that encounter alone I hope she dosen't win. She sounds a little scary/unstable, kwim?
Tell Dave good luck and we wish we could vote (because we are not goats or felons:) Please let us all know how the election goes!!!

Anonymous said...

what can i say about obnoxious songs? i'm just good at stuff like that. i'm very excited that you get to come to boston with me and aimee! it will be so fun. congratulations to dave too! #1 vote getter! that's amazing.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

That sounds like it's going to be so much fun to go to Boston! I hope you guys have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

silly Erica it goes Vote vote vote vote vote vote unless you are a goat ‘cuz goats can’t vote vote vote vote vote vote vote
2nd vs candied yam
3rd vs donut
4th vs platypus
5th vs felon
6th vs can of ham

ya i had to look this up haha