Sunday, November 4, 2007

Names...

I just realized that I couldn't even remember the meaning of the name Henry. I mean I know that the name is significant no matter what it means, but shouldn't you know the meaning of a name that you name your child? Here are the meanings and significance of our boys names, and a sneak preview on what we might name our next. ;)

Isaac David- Isaac means laughter, but more significantly Isaac was Abraham and Sarah's first born son... and ours too. And of course his middle name after his father.

Dawson Gordon- Dawson means "son of David" and Gordon is his grandfather. David's name is David Gordon, so Dawson Gordon is the closest thing to his name without doing a "jr." It is so fitting for him, and we love his nickname of "Daws"

Henry George- Henry means "ruler of the house" Yikes! I hope he's a good ruler! And of course he was named after his wonderful grandfather and great grandfather George Henry Biada Jr. & Sr. or Georgio Enrico (which is why grandpa George calls him Rico)

And we've already been busy at work on our next boy's name. I would really like the fourth to be a girl, but we think it will probably be a boy and we don't have any girls names we love.

We really like the name Spencer. We are still discussing the middle name. Open to suggestions if you have any. The 2 middle names we have thought of so far are Hinckley and Phillips. (Phillips is a family name) Of course, I told Dave he gets to pick the next name since I picked Henry. So ultimately it's is decision. And things always can change, we aren't 100% on Spencer, it's just the latest idea.

No, this isn't an announcement. I know we like to do things fast, but that would be a little too fast. Honestly, we have no idea when we will try for this #4, we'll take it one day at a time right now. We need to save up for a bigger car if we want another kid, ouch!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

July 2008 here we come!
JK, that would be seriously crazy:)
I like both the middle names you've come up with, Hinkley would be pretty cool!

Jocee Bergeson said...

I can't believe you can even think about baby #4...the thought shouldn't even cross your mind until you can walk again! Or maybe your recovery is going really well. I couldn't walk for 2 weeks. Henry is so cute! Thanks for all the pics and info. And, I like the name Spencer a lot - course I'm a bit biased (since Molly's husband is Spencer). :)