Monday, September 20, 2010

You wouldn't believe

how often we get our kids names mixed up. And that sometimes, we even confuse who they are. For example, I just heard noises like Henry was playing with his guys on the windowsill and in the blinds. So I yelled over to him, "Henry, Dorothy is tired. Look, she fell asleep." (I'm trying to convince him that Wizard of Oz is cool, and I'm losing) But as I turned my head back I made eye contact with him, about 2 feet away from me. I tilted my head to the side thoughtfully and realized that the body I yelled at was G. Jesse. Whoops. But don't worry, G. is done playing in the blinds, now he has the phone off the hook, and is having a fabulous jibberish conversation with the dial tone. They are telling each other really funny jokes, because every few seconds he laughs, and then he starts talking again. It's amazing how many different ways he can say "da-da" to formulate a conversation.

Back on topic, we frequently go through the list, "Isaac, Da-Henry." And Dave just flat out calls them the wrong name and doesn't even notice it. Did you change Daws? No Dave, Dawson has been potty trained for 18 months now.

I was just trying to hang up the boys' winter clothes. I had a really hard time deciding which clothes go to which boy. They are just so close in age/size. I love it though!

On random news....

Henry is potty trained, only with a naked bum. With underpants on he has accidents, naked he is 100%. Any advice on how to transition that?

G. Jesse learned how to say "nana" and demands bananas all day long. He gets really angry if I don't have any.

I got sick, my throat has never really stopped hurting from the surgery, so I'm in a lot of pain right now.

My mom is under contract to buy a house up here, which means she may be moving up here within just a few weeks. Woohooo!

We bought season tickets to Aggie football this year, and have been having a blast going to the games with Trisha and her kids.

My baby sister moved up here to go to school, and I love having her around. She is doing so well, and I'm so proud of her. I wish her the greatest success, and I'm thrilled to spend time with her.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh, man, do I SO totally feel your pain on the names.

And I am still waiting on the winter clothes transition. It seems like we go back and forth for at least a month and a half! I dread that time, though, because I have to figure out who gets what.

Mindy said...

Sigh. And that house that is under contract belongs to my brother which means he is moving one kjillion miles away. Have I told you that I *hate* that he is moving. HATE IT. :(

Rachel Chick said...

Erica.
I'm sure you don't remember me, but this is Rachel Moon (Chick) from high school. (So random to be writing this! :) I found your blog as I was browsing through our BHS blog one day and I check your blog every so often. I just wanted to tell you that your boys are adorable. I have four girls - similar ages to your boys. I also get some of the weirdest comments from people when I tell them that I have four children - all the same gender! People are so weird!
It's obviously been quite some time since I checked your blog, because I just read about your dad passing away. I didn't know your dad and, truly, I barely know you, but I couldn't read about your loss and not comment. My heart goes out to you and your family. It makes me so happy to hear you share your testimony of the gospel and temple blessings. Thank you.
Best of luck with you and your little hooligans! :)