Thursday, September 9, 2010

Isaac

Isaac is one amazing child. He really is. I think he just came that way. He has a very strong spirit. However, when we have our moments with him, we really have our moments. Last night he chose to (as my dad would say) "Go down with his ship." He wasn't going to give up. Even when we gave him opportunities to have a second chance he wouldn't take them because "Mom already told me to go to my room." So in the midst of his "moment" last night, he was grounded from the computer for 3 days. Isaac always wakes up before me, and entertains himself until I get up. But do you think I remembered in my groggy state this morning that he was grounded? I didn't.

But HE DID. And he put in a DVD to watch on the tv when he woke up. I came out here wanting to squish him, I was so proud. He really is a good kid. I love him SO much.

He is loving 1st grade, and so am I. The homework so far has been way easier than Kindergarten. The all day thing hasn't been too hard for either of us yet. Yesterday ,when I brought Dawson home from preschool, I expected Isaac to be home like last year. I was sad for a minute. But really, it's been great. Dawson and Henry have played together all day, which is fun.

Have I ever mentioned that I love having four boys super close? They are best friends, they seriously don't ever need playdates. They play together all the time, and 90% of the time they play great, the other 10% they fight like crazy. Last year I was pulling out my hair, wondering what I had done having these kids so close. But this year I am having a blast with these boys being so close.

Last week Dawson asked me if I was sick again. I asked him if he was sick of me getting sick. He didn't seem to care. I told the boys that some day (WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY off in the future) I would get another baby in my tummy and they make me sick for a super long time. (Seriously, I'm not pregnant even though I do look it, I promise it's just called over-eating) They all got excited thinking I was pregnant now. I told them not for awhile, but they all can't wait for another baby.

Isaac (Mr. Philosopher) says, "So what if you get a girl baby?" I turned around and looked at him with a disgusted face and said, "Ugggh what would we do with a girl?" He says, "I know, I don't want to have like makeup and stuff in my house." (Forget the fact that I am a girl and have makeup in his house) I said, "Yeah and where would we put all the barbies and dolls and stuff?"

The boys all agreed that we should stay a boy family, and I must admit I am just fine with that. I cried my eyes out with G. but I'm thrilled with the thought of 6 boys now. But I am still not ready for another baby. I'm enjoying my life right now so much.

One last thing about Isaac. He is gone for so much of the day, and there are already many messes when he shows up after school. He knows it, it's pretty tough to trick Isaac. But he helps clean up all the messes before bedtime, even though he knows that he barely contributed to the messes. I didn't say he does it cheerfully every day, some days he complains like crazy, but I'm proud of him for doing it.

I think Isaac will turn out to be an amazing person when he grows up.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Love this. He's a sweet, sweet boy, isn't he?
And this year has been a lot better for me than last year, too.