Thursday, January 29, 2009

The latest



Here I am at 30 weeks. I am wearing my absolute most slimming shirt, my MIL even commented on how tight it was, and I told her I would wear it every day if I could because it sucks in my belly a little. But really, how can you hide 30 pounds. You just can't! So in real life I look much huger than this, and people always comment on how big I am. I'm okay with it though, I'm only 5'3", my body is like a studio apartment for these babies vs. some people's 3 bd/2 ba luxury condos they provide for their babies. The sad thing is that my baby is treated like a non-paying tenant. Always on the verge of being evicted!

I had my 30 week appointment yesterday. It went really well, and I was treated almost like a normal person. He told me I'm getting the steroid shot at my next appointment. I begged him to let me stop taking these darn progesterone shots soon because they make me so nauseous and itchy (Itchy inside my muscle, eww!). He told me to get over it and keep taking the shots for 5 more weeks. So last night was my shot night and for some reason I was totally compelled to do my own shot. So I did! And I did just fine with it. Isaac happened to walk in on me doing it and kept yelling, "Don't do it Mom, get it out of you!" But, it worked out just fine, and I really just wanted to see if I could do it myself.

The only other person in this family that is suffering is Dave. He has to deal with his wife laying around all the time. He has handled it well though. The boys are doing fantastic. They scarcely even notice that things are different. They are so incredible, I feel so lucky to have such easy kids to manage from the couch! I did get a really great outing last week as we went to the Draper temple open house. It was a neat experience to watch my boys and my brother and sister in awe over this beautiful temple. Afterwards we went to the Macaroni Grill, and I thoroughly enjoyed eating out! Here is me and my cute Bubba.



I always joke about making a paper chain to count down for events. We actually did it this time! Isaac and Daws made a paper chain to count down to the baby. We only counted down to 35 weeks, I figure we can add links if we make it that far. We started it at 49 links, which still took Isaac a long time, so I figured that was enough. We are down to 35 links today, that still looks like an awful lot. The boys had so much fun doing this, and counting the links. It was about twice the height of Isaac by the time it was done.


Here is Isaac "posing" for the camera. I don't know what it is about 4 year olds, but it seems like they think the very weirdest pose they can conjure up is generally the best. My little sister Lauren was a very similar poser when she was 4, we have some great shots of her! And I can even remember posing, probably when I was about 5, and thinking that it truly must have been the best picture of me with my foot sticking out in a funny direction.

I, like the kind parent that I am, told Isaac that was a really weird pose, and took a nice, normal, smiling pose next. But I thought this one was better to post, so I guess Isaac knew what he was doing!

And Henry just figured out what the camera is for, and has been giving me huge smiles for his pictures. What a ham!


I have tons of cute video of these kids, I need to post some video clips soon. But I guess this is enough for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ARE big, I won't lie, but at least it's all in your belly! You look cute!
I like your hair! You look so cute blonde! Thanks for the idea of the paper chain! We made one for Disneyland, but I didn't even think about doing one for the new baby.

brookiebaby said...

I think you look adorable! You're a hot momma! Oh honey, hang in there! I sooooooo have been there. And (as you know already from your cute little boys) it is totally worth it! Honestly, when I look into the eyes of my little son, I ALMOST forget all that I went through to get him here, because nothing else really matters except that he's here and he's safe! You'll be in our prayers! 30 weeks! YAY!!! You're almost there!

Seriously... said...

looks like you're doing well! I like your hair cut. I had my 30 week appointment yesterday. I look no where as cute and tiny as you do though :) Hopefully your baby will stay in there a few more weeks. I think I will have the opposite problem. My guy will probably want to stay a few extra weeks. Unfortunately I think my Dr. will be perfectly fine with that (she's not big on inductions). Anyway....just wanted to say hello. I need to go try to figure out what to name this little guy...
kendra

Tiff Rudd said...

I seriously cannot understand how you manage to fit 30 lbs completely in your belly!! Mine always seems to land in my face, hips, arms...you get the picture! But really, you are one cute pregnant lady! Love the hair cut and blonde! Glad to hear you are doing well, although the part about you giving yourself a shot about made me sick! :) Keep that baby cooking!