Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And the name will be.....

And the name which you shall be known on the records of the church... Isn't that a funny saying? But seriously, I'm going to tell you what we are naming this fourth little monkey. All of our boys have such awesomely significant names, and we just absolutely love the names we've chosen so far. But when you start getting to 4, and probably some day 5 of the same gender, goodness! It gets hard! We have friends with 10 boys, I don't know how they picked names for those kids.

Gordon Jesse Low was the fourth boy of Jessop & June Low (followed by a girl, I might add). He is an absolutely incredible man, whom we have a great respect and love for. He was the 1st district judge of Logan for a very long time, so many people in the valley know his name. He also serves as the Stake President of the "Golden Toaster" stake in Logan. He is one of the wisest, most spiritual men we know, and he just so happens to be David's father.

After loving every second of having our little Henry George named after my father (another really amazing guy!), and upon finding out that this baby would be our fourth boy, we couldn't imagine a better name for this baby than the name:

Gordon Jesse Low

So there you have it. That is what this baby will be named, and who he will be named after. David would also add (If he were writing, which he's not) that this boy will also be named after our beloved former prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, and our bishop's name is Gordon as well. It's a pretty great name.

As great a name as it is, I don't want to call him Gordon. I can't exactly guarantee what we will end up calling him or how it works. I think we'll have to wait until after he is born and see what sticks. But the plan all along has been to call him

G. Jesse Low


G. Jesse might be a mouthful. Maybe it's too complicated and weird to call him that. Maybe we'll just shorten it to G. most of the time. But I just LOVE the sound of G. Jesse. I love it. I think it sounds like an expensive brand of clothing. I bet he'll be really successful! And we have noticed a trend lately in kids being called by two names, like John David (which is another name we love) I can't remember the other one we've heard of lately. So hopefully it won't be too weird, I don't want the poor kid going crazy trying to tell people his name.

So that's the baby's name. And if you don't like it, we don't want to hear it. Because we love it!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I like it and have decided to call him baby G. for starters

Lo said...

I think it's an awesome name, I can hardly wait for G. Jesse to be here! Love you!

Emily + Eric said...

I love it. Our son is Eric Paul and we just call him Paul. One day when our sons are in the quorum of the 12, we can really use the initials! G. Jesse & E. Paul.

G. Jesse. I love it, love it, love it.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

LOVE IT!! And LOVE the story behind it!

Tauna said...

Erica your hair is beautiful! do you love it?! how fun for a change. I don't think I have ever seen you blond. that is a great name for number 4. it sounds good and what a neat story to go with it. Gordon will be a proud grandpa. Sorry about the migraines. I get them several times a month- and I'm NOT pregnant. Do yours go away after the pregnancy? I hope so. Hang in there- your almost there.

Unknown said...

That is just the cutest name EVER!!!! What is ironic is my brother is named Jesse. Erica tell David that he is a very lucky man to have such a beautiful wife!!!