Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Up in the night?

Are you up in the night? If so, feel free to call me, because chances are I'm up! Okay, so I only get up for a minute, and I try not to open my eyes even. But last night I was up at 1:30, 2:30. 3:30, 4:30 and 6:30. I was very excited to skip my 5:30 bathroom trip, I still don't know what happened. I told Dave this and he told me it was time to have a baby.

Other than the frequent night potty trips, I am doing quite well. Really, my contractions have been very sparse, and I'm feeling pretty good. I had the steroid shots last week, so I feel like I have done everything I can for this baby.

Dave had the day off of work on Monday, so we spent the day "nesting." Our house is remarkably clean in places it hasn't been for awhile. The nursery got a very thorough cleaning, and the baby clothes are out.

I need to buy a few more newborn diapers, but other than that I am pretty much ready for this baby. I still need to pack a hospital bag, but I think I'll wait 2 more weeks or so

Our paper chain only counted down until 35 weeks, so I think we'll need to add some links. I think those progesterone shots will keep me from having another pretermer. I'm going to feel like I'm overdue!!!! In the meantime, I'll enjoy not having very many links on that chain, it makes me feel a little better.

I got out the little monkey suit for the baby to wear home from the hospital, and Dave walked into the room asking about the baby gift I had bought for our friend who just had a baby. I snapped at him so fast! My mother bear instincts were unstoppable. With a horrified look on my face I shouted, "THAT'S FOR MY BABY!!! I bought that for my baby, not someone elses!" He just laughed at me. He really meant no harm by it, but for some reason it set his pregnant wife off!

I'm 33 weeks tomorrow, and quite pleased with myself. My almost 34 week appointment is next Wednesday, I'll update you all then. Thanks for all the help and prayers we've had from everyone during all this crazy preterm labor. I feel like we've made it through all the bad stuff, I don't feel afraid anymore. It's a good feeling.

No comments: