Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Aimee Biada Life Celebration Trip

No, we didn't just get back from Cancun. We went last June. And my summer was so busy I never blogged about it. But this trip was SO fun! We were so grateful to Aimee for planning this for us, and paying for it! It's kind of fun blogging about this right now, when I am really craving sun and swimming.

We spent a week at the Moon Palace resort. There was so much to do, we really needed a month. Here are the pictures, completely out of order, but oh well!

This resort was so huge they arranged it by fruits. We stayed in Melon.


Here are the Biada's on the bus. I guess this was on our way to a snorkeling tour. All the tours were included, and there were way too many to choose from!


Bubba was an absolute dream on this trip. (Big surprise, I know) We just took this stroller with us almost everywhere and he napped right there. There was no "putting him to bed" he just turned his head and fell asleep when he was tired. It was amazing. He slept in there while we swam, and when we saw his toes wiggling from our point of view in the pool we knew he woke up.


Dawson.... wasn't quite as good as Bubba (surprise again?) He had a cough and everytime we put him to bed he would cough for a minute until he threw up. Every morning we had piles of sheets and towels that he had thrown up on. The first night he slept in the bed with Isaac and threw up in the bed. Isaac found his new famous line that night, "This is not good, this is not good!" Dawson also felt the need to run around all the fancy restaurants. Mealtime was not nearly as fun as it could have been, but luckily Dave took Daws out most of the time. He was very selfless, thanks Dave!


We really enjoyed all the great drinks. Pina coladas, daquiris, Miami Vice, Limonada, mmmm! Here we are toasting to Aimee at our celebration dinner.


We kept finding new things at the resort to do. You couldn't possibly do them all in a week. Here we are playing Giant Connect Four.


Dawson also caught a little bit of the Mexican bug. He had some diarrhea and got a yucky rash. So we let him play at the beach with a naked bum for awhile. Don't worry, there was no one else at the beach.


Sand face Isaac


My brother Josh LOVED the kid's club. Isaac liked it too. We made sure to be around for the whipped cream fight at the kids club. It sounded so fun to me. Isaac hated it! He doesn't like whipped cream and he doesn't like being messy. So he washed up and went swimming. He is the little stripey jumper in the middle.


Another cute shot of my sand boy


This is Kate and I, and yes I am almost drowning. Why do I love swimming in waves that almost drown me? I don't understand it, but these waves were SO fun. I think they were extra big from a hurricane somewhere else. They had red flags up saying not to swim, but I'm glad we ignored those! I love that clear Carribbean water!


Lauren and Dad


Everyone dipping their toes in. The water was so warm it was like a bath.


There are quite a few Palace resorts and you can take a free shuttle to all of the close by resorts. We spent a day at the Beach Palace. I took this picture as I sat on a lounge chair by the pool. We had a fantastic day there, and at night they played the disney movie Cars on a GIGANTIC screen over the pool. It was so fun, my boys were so excited.


A picture of the resort


This is my self portrait in paradise. This was the beach they took us to after our snorkeling tour.


Both babies fell asleep on the beach after snorkeling. (Not that they snorkeled!)
We covered them up with towels. Can you tell which is which?



The "spinnaker" sail was so fun. I don't think this kind of thing would be legal in the United States, but they have you jump off at the end. I loved it!

Here is my dad up high

Here is Dave, I couldn't believe he dared to jump!


Senor Isaac


Dave and my Dad took their boys to Coba, which is one of the only ruins they let you climb up anymore . Dave, Dad, and Isaac made it to the top.

Isaac and Josh with Dad/Grandpa


Isaac up at the top. Doesn't he look so hot? Temperature wise!



My gorgeous, dark sister and Isaac with their coconuts. We were worried they might not let her back into the states, but luckily the passport proved her citizenship.


The food was so good. Everything was presented so beautifully. But of course everything did have a slight Mexican taste to it :)


Dawson with chopsticks and a bottle of milk?


Our attempt at a family picture. Dawson wouldn't cooperate, Isaac blinked, and Bubba looks adorable. Typical of the time. Dawson has come a long way since then, he is quite pleasant, and you can't hardly get Bubba to sit still for one second for a picture now.


Kate came with the Lows to Chichen Itza. Here she is with the boys on the bus.


Isaac enjoying an ice cream with dancers in the background.


My cute little baby at the ruins. Everyone stopped and pointed and asked about him.


Isaac in front of the main temple at Chichen Itza


My mom and her little girls went parasailing. I couldn't believe it. I've never seen my mom be that brave!


This really was the trip of a lifetime. Thank you Aimee for providing it!

7 comments:

Elise and Lane said...

Ohhh so much fun!!! Looking at pictures is making me itch for spring/summer! Ok, so Lane and I are going back to one of the Palace Resorts in Cancun later this year, and we really want to find a good beach with nice sand- which hotel would you recommend heading to for that?

Erica said...

The good beach you see pictures of is the Beach Palace. It was lovely! I would love to stay there sometime.

Tiff Rudd said...

SO SO FUN!! I didn't realize that you went to Moon Palace - Adam and I have been there twice and love that place!! Looks like an amazing trip!!

Tiff Rudd said...

Holly cow! I was just catching up on all the posts I have missed! A girl doesn't check blogs for a few weeks and look at what happens!! I guess I shouldn't be surprised by you and your preterm labor! I'm crossing my fingers and praying for you that you make it to at least 35 weeks! Keep us updated (I'll make sure to check more often! :)

Dede said...

I love the sun! Looks like you guys had a great time together and you have the cutest legs!!

Carrie said...

How fun! What a great thing to blog about in January. I need something fun to blog about! I am so happy that you all got to go on that great trip!

Christie said...

Looks like a ball-- Russ and I went to Playa del Carmen in April and this made me long to go back..

And I'm sure that Aimee would heartily approve :-)