Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Black Wednesday Shopping?

Okay, so there is no such thing as black Wednesday, but it felt like it. My dr. told me I couldn't push my kids in the cart at the grocery store. But since there was this incredible deal going on at Albertson's, I decided to go at 6:00 am when they opened, before Dave left for work so I wouldn't have any kids with me. I thought I would be the only one there at that hour. I WAS WRONG! I showed up at 5:55, and there were probably 30-40 people lined up waiting for the store to open. They opened the door and all the ladies ran in with their carts. Luckily, it calmed down after that, but the lines were terrible.

Here is a picture of what I got. I spent $40, but I got $15 store credit for my next trip, so it was really like spending $25. And I plan to go back for more! (Actually, I plan to send Dave for more!)


7 boxes of Green Giant vegetables
2 Family Bags of Green Giant vegetables
3 boxes of Popcorn
4- 6 packs of Yogurt
1- 4 pack of YO+
1 box Fiber One Pastries
6 boxes of Gogurt
2 boxes of Crest toothpaste
11 boxes of Multigrain Cheerios (Dave's favorite cereal)
5 boxes of Pillsbury Toaster Strudels
9 boxes of Fiber One Honey Nut Crunch Cereal
3 boxes of Bisquick
Pantene Shampoo
Pantene Conditioner
2 boxes of Blueberry Muffin Mix

Not bad for $25, huh! My cart was completely full. If you're interested in doing this, check out www.pinchingyourpennies.com under the Albertson's special this week. I used mostly printed out coupons, so even if you aren't a couponer you can still do this deal.

3 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

So did you have coupons or how did you get such good deals? Is this an Alberton's one-day sale or something? Let me know - I might go check it out!

Bethany said...

Holy cow mama. You are dedicated to savings-I am totally impressed. I am so sorry about the baby wanting to make an early appearance. Maybe he just REALLY wanted to watch the Utes in the Sugar Bowl - can you blame him? It is tough to come between a man and his football game. However, now that the bowl games are almost over maybe he will settle down for 10 more weeks or so. Best of Luck! (Glad to see your little bubba is doing better!!)

Roxie said...

WAY TO GO! Im a fellow PYPer's ..lol I LOVE COUPONS..without them I think we would starve or just eat WF mac everyday.