Monday, May 5, 2008

Just to clear things up..........

Everyone who knows me knows:

I wanted all three of these boys SO badly
I love all three of these boys SO much

But everyone who knows me knows that my first two boys let me down in the hair department. I married a man with dark hair and blue eyes. I expected that my boys too would have dark hair and blue eyes. Isaac's hair is light brown, and Dawson, well, is totally blond.

It has come to my attention that many of you people out there (ahem Dad) can't seem to find the dark hues in Henry's extremely short and sparse hair. I've had quite a few comments on his hair looking "light." Let me just clarify.

His hair is most definitely NOT blond. It will most definitely be BROWN. And the next time I hear a comment otherwise, I will likely grab your arm and twist it back as far as I can until you are shouting, "OW, OW, please stop...... Okay, okay his hair is brown.... THE BOY HAS BROWN HAIR!!!!" After I release, I'll rub my hands together, and with a smug little chuckle I'll think to myself, "That's the last time they'll make THAT mistake!"

Have I made myself clear? :)

And here is a picture of my little BROWN haired cutie smiling even though he had a terrible fever/ear infection at the moment.

doesn't he look dark to you? Look at those deep brown eyebrows (What eyebrows?)

p.s. Dave's hair was very light as a baby, so I do have hope for Isaac and Henry. As for Daws, I don't know where he came from.

5 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

HA HA!! See, we're just opposite there...my kids HAVE to have blonde hair. But, seriously, how could they have anything different with us as parents?! I have to say - when I saw that pic of Henry it reminded me of Issac when you came to Hawaii and we have Sun. dinner at our apt. Was Issac about the same age as Henry is this pic? I just had a major flashback!!

Emily + Eric said...

Brown or blonde, I think we can all agree that he is one beautiful baby!

Tiff Rudd said...

Absolutely, it is totally brown! How could anyone think otherwise!? You are too funny! Love and miss ya!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I was so excited when Britton's dark hair fell out and came back blonde! Having dark hair & much of my family being dark I kept thinking that my kids were doomed to all have dark hair. Britton has fairly blonde hair and blue eyes - Loving it!

Mame & Don Kammann said...

OK, I think Henry's eyes are getting darker since last time I saw him. I think I see a few fuzzy dark hairs sticking out of his hat. Funny, but my grandkids can't figure out why we all have brown eyes and PopPop has blue???
Henry is so beautiful, we love him just the way he is