Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Self Proclaimed Bed Rest

I think the title explains itself. Basically I've had it. This baby is so low that it hurts to walk around, and really sitting isn't so great either since I have to spread my legs while he rests on the couch. And he's so big that bending over isn't really an option either. Every time I stand up, and frequently when I'm just laying around doing nothing, I have a contraction. And last night when I got up I had such a strong contraction that I ended up squatting until it was done to try to take the pressure off. I thought my water broke. I think I just peed my pants. My house is falling apart before my eyes, and the only choice I'm left with is bed rest. Then I have a good excuse for not cleaning.

On a happier note my friend Hayley brought over a card today from my group of high school friends, and a coupon for a 1-hour massage. What wonderful friends, that made my day! Truly the support and love from others is how we get through hard times. It's so nice to know that you all care, thank you so much! Thank you for the gift, the comments, and the prayers. I'll still send personal thank-you's, my bedrest includes computer time, but I wanted to give you thanks on my blog too.

Dawson is so proud of himself as he has learned to say baby. Of course he says bubba, but close enough. He knows what a real baby is, and he points to my stomach and says baby. I don't think he knows why I call my belly a baby, but he goes along with it with a big grin on his face.

I have my next dr. appt on Monday. I'll be 34 weeks. It will be my first internal check. I'm going to make a guess as to my progress. My guess is probably just wishful thinking, but whatever. I'm guessing 1.5-2 cm and 70% effaced and -1 station. I'll let you know on Monday what it really is, but if it's less than that, I may be very depressed. With Isaac at 34 weeks I was 3 cm and 90% effaced, so I don't think this is too much to hope for. Although I think it will be a little bit less progress with each pregnancy, I think(really, really hope) they will all be fairly early. I'm going to tell my dr. about all the pain and discomfort I'm in, of which he'll do nothing, and of my self proclaimed bed rest, of which he'll laugh and still do nothing.

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh Erica- to think your water might have broken! but is was just pee. I was laughing so hard, I'm sorry but it was totally so funny.
Go ahead and lay down, you deserve some bed rest! Your going to be busy as soon as Henry gets there so chill for a few weeks! Now if only you can talk Dave into cooking, cleaning and washing clothes....
Here's a cyber meal for you that I made because you're on bedrest:) Hmmm. I made Chicken Enchiladas, and they are really good. Rice. Steamed veggies or your choice. And some fruit and dessert: Raspberries, Mangoes (it's cyber, you're not allergic) and brownies.
Enjoy!

Tiff Rudd said...

Poor girl! I'll be your doctor for the day, give adequate sympathy for you pain and order you on bed rest until this baby arrives! :) Wish I could do something about the cooking and cleaning though. Just a little while longer and your baby boy will be here! You can do it! :)

Jocee Bergeson said...

Oh, that makes me SOOO not excited to get pregnant anytime soon. Just reading your BLOG makes me remember just how bad you want the baby to come out at the end. AGH! Glad the massage certificate made your day - ENJOY! You need a massage, it sounds like! :)

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Erica-
I'm so glad I found your blog too! It's been SO long since I've seen you! I'm going to link your blog on mine too. We should try and get together sometime, it'd be so much fun! Ariel is up at USU & I've been thinking of going up to visit her one of these days, we should do lunch when I do! Anyways, my e-mail is on my blog. I look forward to seeing what's up with you guys & can't wait to hear about when baby Henry makes his grand entrance! Hope to hear from you soon.
Viv

Carrie said...

I am looking forward to hearing the progress. My guess is that you are just as far progressed as you were with Isaac and that you will have him three weeks early, aka just on time.