Monday, October 15, 2007

Return and Report

I just got back from the Dr. with news of my progress. Is it gross to be writing these things on my blog? Oh well. I am 34 weeks, 1 day: 3+ cm whatever that means, and 80% effaced and -1 stations. There must be something really comfortable in my womb at that -1 station, because all 3 kids have settled right in there- months before my due date- and stayed there until I push them down further at the hospital.

So my Dr. laughed when he pronounced me 3+ cm, which he always does when I surprise him with my early dilation. I let out a shout of joy myself! And the nurse mumbled under her breath, "You were right, he's not going to be here to deliver you." (He leaves for Hawaii tomorrow) Seriously, nobody takes me seriously until my cervix is checked. Suddenly the orders of "don't take the pills unless you really need them." changed to "Take the pills!" In other words, they are pretty worried about me going into labor too early, and he would like me to take this Nifedipine stuff to stop the contractions. So my goal (As prescribed to me by my pregnancy coach Carrie) is to make it to November 1st. I absolutely cannot stand to watch my baby gasping for air, so I don't want to deliver before his lungs are ready. I want to deliver a pink, screaming baby. And then I want him to stop screaming and be really good!

Carrie also prescribed bedrest for me (Yeah right, like I do anything BUT lay around) and offered to watch my kids. Isn't she the best! Really, I think if I just take it semi-easy I can make it 2 more weeks. And the best part about keeping this baby in until the 1st is that my Dr. will be back on call the 31st.

So now for a contest. Guess what day I will deliver. Leave a comment with your guess. I am due November 25th, but you know my stats now, so make your best guess. It could really be any time between now and the 13th- Dr. will induce by then.

Hurry and make your guess, please don't be shy! And the next contest will be baby size. Watch for that one next week. I'll figure out prizes for the winners, and I will announce the winners as soon as we know, but give me some time to pull my act together after the baby is born to actually mail out the prizes, geez.

So...... what day will Henry George Low make his appearance?

8 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

October 31st....spooky, eh?!?!

Cathie said...

You and I have the same coach! She is quite the pep talker!! I guess...hmmm...November 2! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

November 1st!! Good Luck

Anonymous said...

october 29th. haha mom keeps joking she won't get a vacation :D i'm so excited for henry! i can hardly wait to have three wonderful nephews

Trisha said...

Ok, ok- I'm late. So I will go with November 3rd. I don't really thing you'll make it that long, I know how naughty you can be. I swear you can think yourself into labor!

Dede said...

I'm saying Oct. 28th. I know it's early, but that would be nice for you right?! I am so excited for you!

Tiff Rudd said...

It has to be the November 1st. I swear I wished myself into labor with Cameron and it sounds like you so the same. Give him till the first to get bigger, and then just have him that day! Sounds perfect! :) Tiff

Anonymous said...

I say November 1st...so stay in there until then Henry!!!