Monday, October 15, 2007

Aggie Family Day

We went up to the annual Aggie Family Day on the quad with 2 other families this weekend. The Kirks and the Skousens came with us, and it was really fun. They had free cookies, Aggie Ice Cream, balloons, and popcorn. There were giant blowup toys and slides to play on, and of course the appearance of the beloved "Big Blue". The spirit squad did a little pep rally with the band, and then taught the kids some cheers afterward. We bought Henry a "future aggie" shirt for $1, which we can't wait to put on him for all the basketball games. We got our season tickets again, and the first game is Halloween night.

As we were leaving I was talking to Chris (one of Dave's high school buddies)- they have lived quite a few different places. He was saying in all the places he has lived he has never seen so many free family events as there are in Cache Valley. I was thinking what would we do without the Aggie events, they are such a big part of our life! Really, our favorite events revolve around the Aggies, but most importantly, the only way we make it through the long Cache Valley winter is Aggie Basketball! There are so many other community events too, I just love living here. This community is much tighter knit than where I grew up. I'm really happy to live here, and maybe my boys can be Mountain Crest Mustangs, and Utah State Aggies just like their Daddy!


And just for the record (So you can remember what a true aggie I am)

2 comments:

Cathie said...

WOW! I didn't know you were a Aggie Cheerleader! You look GREAT!

Trisha said...

Your braids are the cutest! (Although I didn't know that was allowed, I though you had to have your hair "down" at all times, lol:)
I miss the Aggies, and don't even get me thinking about the aggie games!!! I'm going to try to get tickets off someone while we're in town over Christmas:)