Friday, October 19, 2007

Official Bedrest

It's no longer "Self Proclaimed", it's official. I went into full labor yesterday as soon as the "pills" (That's what we call them around here) wore off. I had been laying down for a few hours at that point, and when the contractions got to 3-4 minutes apart, I dosed up on the pills and we scheduled our lives around complete bedrest. I shouldn't really be on the computer right now, but I have to sit up occasionally or my back hurts really badly. Dave got permission to come home from work at 10:00 every day next week, and I will have help until he gets home. Until then I have to take these nasty pills that make me really sick, and lay down except for potty and baths. Whenever I DO stand up, I have a contraction, so I really try to stay down as much as possible. So you probably won't see a post until Halloween. On Halloween I have an appointment with my Dr., and we will wait to see what the next step is. I am just trying to keep this baby in until it is safe for him to come out.

4 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

NO WAY! That scares me. You need to keep that baby in at least another two weeks. You can do it! Whether I were on official bedrest or not, Sage would NOT cooperate with it and I would be in big trouble. Good that Dave can be home! Keep us updated. Maybe Dave will have to post for you - we need to know what's going on~ :)

Jocee Bergeson said...

NO WAY! That scares me. You need to keep that baby in at least another two weeks. You can do it! Whether I were on official bedrest or not, Sage would NOT cooperate with it and I would be in big trouble. Good that Dave can be home! Keep us updated. Maybe Dave will have to post for you - we need to know what's going on~ :)

Mame & Don Kammann said...

Stay in that bed, we want a nice pink screaming baby. Seriously, take good care of yourself, you can do it. Nov. 1st sounds like a good day.

Trisha said...

Wow, Erica! I hope you're doing ok? I'm sorry you're on bedrest! Seriously Henry, have a little patience:)
I (obviously) had no idea. I'll talk to you tomorrow-(or tonight:).