Tuesday, July 10, 2007

So this is love...

I have a great post coming about my trip to Maine. I haven't finished it yet, but I'll finish when I get back from Flaming Gorge. But really quickly I wanted to tell you all that I came home from my trip to Maine to a potty-trained son. My husband not only tended both kids by himself for 4 days, but he potty-trained Isaac. What a guy! It kind of makes me feel like an incompetent parent. I keep telling myself that I did the hard part, and he finished it up, but really I think he did it all. Which I guess is fine with me. I guess it means I'll have to take a weekend trip everytime it's time to potty-train a child. Yay! Now I can handle having 3 boys because I don't have to potty-train them! So Isaac has had an accident free day. And if anyone wants to know what worked for Isaac, the pull-ups worked better than the underpants and the big potty worked better than the little one. Who knew! But if any of you were wondering how awesome my husband is, now you know. When I was crying last week he told me I would come home to a potty-trained Isaac. I didn't believe him, but it sure made me feel better. And then he actually did it! Now that is true love! Isn't it?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome Erica congrats that is a big step for a little boy!

Trisha said...

I think you're right on about taking a weekend trip when it's time to potty train Dawson and then George!
I saw Dave the night you got home and asked him if he really had potty trained Isaac, he kindof brushed it off and made me think he had made just a little progress. But WOW, good for Dave and Isaac, and YOU:)

Trisha said...

Whoops, I meant Henry- George just pushed it's way in there:)

Jocee Bergeson said...

Yeah! I'm glad you're feeling better! :) Who did you go to Maine with? Was it a GIRLS only trip? I want to see pics!