Thursday, July 5, 2007

My baby is one!

July 3rd has come and gone, and so has Dawson's birthday. To tell you the truth, it was a VERY low-key birthday. Actually we didn't even get him a present. **blush** I couldn't think of anything he needed, so I figured he didn't really care anyway. But I did spend a few hours making him a cake. A pretty awesome cake if I do say so myself! My next door neighbor is a professional cake maker/decorator, and she gave me access to all of her supplies. I decorated in the color of him room since he really doesn't have any hobbies or themes he is into yet. Here it is!
I sang the birthday song to him all day, and he loved that. He grinned and clapped almost every time. He has no idea what it means, but it was fun! That night we went to the fireworks that I missed last year. I think it was really wise of me to go into labor last year. Lots of walking, sitting on bleachers, and quite a bit of heat! I was wishing I was in labor again this year. As I held my baby during the fireworks, I kept kissing his face remembering the first time I kissed his face exactly one year earlier. It was a lot smaller then. HE was a lot smaller then. About 16 pounds smaller. WOW! I think having his birthday on the day of the USU fireworks makes it different than any other birthday, it really helps me remember all the events of that day as I go throughout my day preparing for the fireworks. He was born at 11:58 p.m. shortly after the fireworks were over, and would have been born earlier if my Dr. wasn't caught in the post-firework traffic. So as we drove home through the traffic, I was reminded of my Dr. driving through it while I sat comfortably in bed. I remember being so nervous that Dawson wouldn't be able to breathe when he was born because he was a month early. But of course there was a bit of foreshadowing when he let out a great deal of screaming right when he was delivered. This year, he's a lot less of a screamer. He is actually really sweet. We love his big dimpled grin that he gives us all day. We just love our little baby Daws. Happy Birthday Dawson, and if you're good this year, maybe we'll get you a present for your second birthday!


Dawson enjoyed his cake, but he really didn't eat it.Most of this demolishing came from him crawling over the cake.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

That cake WAS beautiful!!! I'm so impressed!!!!! I'm wishing I would have went to the effort to make a really cute cake for nominomi for her bday, we just had cupcakes and I didn't get any very good shots.
Anyway, awesome cake and cute picture sequence too!

Anonymous said...

Biada is such an unusual name. Our name is Biada. My husband Gregg just had the funeral in Cleveland for his mother, Mildred Biada. We live in Naples Florida. Your blog on tomatoes caught our eye. He is a tomato broker. Should you have any information on the Maine Biada family and the time to write...gbiada@globalfreshimex.com
Jeanne and Gregg Biada