Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The First Steps

Date: Sunday, July 15, 2007
Location: The Kirk's house
Dawson was standing against the couch where I was sitting, and he saw the Kirk's little Caroline walk across the room. It was so fun, you could literally see the wheels turning in his head as he watched her. I was laughing at this, and then he let go of the couch. He just stood there and didn't know what to do.

Date: Monday, July 16, 2007
Location: Treehouse Pediatrics- 1 year well child checkup
Dawson and I were trapped in an examination room together waiting for the doctor. Isaac was out playing with the trains in the waiting room. As I was playing with Dawson, he remembered he could stand by himself. And right there in the doctor's office he took his first step. It was so cute, and he was so proud of himself. He got as far as 2 steps, but that was it. It may still be awhile before he is officially walking, but in the mean time.... "baby steps" :)

The rest of the appointment went well. Dawson weighs 22 pounds and was in the 40th % for weight and 80th % for height. He was extremely happy and cute for the doctor, and really enjoyed the visit until they gave him 4 shots!

By the way, for those who asked... no cannoli. I didn't have any cash, and Mike's Pastries doesn't take American Express. I was relieved anyway, I didn't want to deal with the airline security stealing my cannoli. I think they might not have let me take it just so they could eat them. ;)

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Congratulations Dawson! yay for him:) Soon he'll be unstopable!