Saturday, July 14, 2007

Potty-training Update

I'd like to start this post by humiliating my spouse and I. Let's just say that our average age of sleeping dry at night is around 8 years old. Yes, both of us were REALLY deep sleepers and had a REALLY hard time night-training. I won't tell you which one of us was the one bringing our average up so high, but the point is we struggled. So I have absolutely NO expectations of our children night training at an early age. I accepted that long ago. But I must say that my little stud-muffin son has slept dry every night this week except one. Yes, he is basically night-trained at the ripe old age of 3. Isn't it nice when we expect the worst and our expectations are exceeded! I think so!

I must say my entire outlook on motherhood has changed since last week. This week I think my boys are the most precious things in the whole world, and I can't wait to have another one. Especially after spending the week in Flaming Gorge with my sisters (no offense girls, we love you) we are thinking boys are the way for us to go! I was amazed at the patience and concern my Dad showed to my emotional sisters. I have a tendency to laugh when girls cry, and I love watching the look of bewilderment on Dave's face when they act like, well like little girls. So the good Lord knows what he's doing, and hopefully if we get a girl someday, she'll be really tough!

I used to think that I wanted all boys, but after my little episode last week I think I may get to the point where I really want a girl, someday. Hopefully when I get to that point, I'll actually be able to have a girl! After my day of gender disappointment, I really feel for the people who don't get their desired gender. I had never experienced that feeling, and even though I think it stemmed from my potty-training issues, it hurt. And I even felt that way after I got my desired gender. I just changed my mind for a day. I can only imagine how bad it would be if I spent 5 months hoping for a certain gender only to find out I didn't get it. Yikes! If that ever does happen, you might want to stay away from me AND my blog for a long time!

Enough rambling, I love my boys- my awesome husband who potty-trained Isaac, Isaac who is now SLEEPING dry, and Dawson who just couldn't be any cuter. THE END

No comments: