Thursday, December 1, 2011

Random

1. I got to give Walker his first bath. How cool is that? I spent that first hour with him in the delivery room and then Wendy (NICU nurse) took him to check him out. His glucose level was in the 30's and needs to be over 50, so he was admitted. Because I didn't have an epidural, I was walking and could go visit him quickly. I don't remember what time this was, but I showed up to feed him and Wendy let me give him his first bath. All the other kids were bathed right away, but Walker's circumstances made it so I could do it.

2. The first little while in the NICU they would only let me spend 30 minutes trying to get Walker to eat. They didn't want him to wear out, and they also told me that when babies are sleeping their brains grow, so I needed to let him sleep. Interesting.

3. Babies don't get to go back to the NICU. If you go back to the hospital, you are sent to the Pediatric floor as the baby is"contaminated". So you really don't want to leave the NICU until the baby is good and ready! But Walker gets to go back to the NICU..... on his due date! He will be filmed for a commercial. I'm so excited. I miss them there, it will be fun to go back.

No comments: