Sunday, December 18, 2011

2/1

Two nights of misery. Two nights of almost no sleep. Two nights of my sweet little baby tensing up in pain every few minutes and wanting to be held through it. Walker started getting an incredible amount of gas all of a sudden. He was clearly in a lot of pain from it, and he wanted to sleep but couldn't. He kept his eyes closed, and fell back to sleep fairly quickly, but the pain of air bubbles in his tiny, premature intestines just hurt too badly. I was really wondering how I would survive more nights like these.

Yesterday I tried to give him Mylecon drops a little more regularly, and the best thing ever happened. He only woke me once in the night! He slept from 11:00 to 3:00 and then I woke him at 7:00 because I was worried about him.

So the good news is, I have renewed hope that I might resume some brain functionality at some point in the future when I get some sleep again. In the mean time, I still enjoy seeing Walker a few times in the night. Just not ALL night.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

That's good news. VERY good news. I feel like I can do anything if I have a good night's sleep. I'm glad sweet baby boy is feeling better...at least for now. What a precious little soul.