Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just FMI

Which means for MY information. :)

Walker is fast approaching his 2 month birthday (5 days away) and he....

Only JUST started smiling
Still poops alot!
Takes bottles or the breast flawlessly.
LOOOOOVES his binky, doesn't want to spend any waking moments without it
Really prefers being held
Just started sleeping in large enough chunks for me to consider that I slept at all in the night
Doesn't quite fit into 0-3 months yet
Weighs almost 9 pounds
Wears size 1 diapers
Has an amazing amount of gas
Has pretty long eyelashes
Still has acne
Loves baths
Is still like a sleepy newborn
His favorite place is his changing table when the sun is shining.

I must say I have enjoyed Walker more than any other baby. It's not anything about him, just the frame of mind I'm in. I love how small he is, I feel like the newborn stage is lasting longer.

Aside from the moments of panic when my water broke, and those sleepless nights as I worried about infection and prematurity and what each of them would bring, I don't regret his prematurity at all. He's pretty close to his milestones, I know he'll catch up in growth by the time he reaches a year old. I LOVED my NICU experience, I treasure everything about it. I got so many special benefits from it. My labor experience, although not how I imagined it at all (think hippie, that was my goal) ended up being awesome.

I just can't find anything to complain about this experience. It's wonderful. It makes me want to do it again...... but I think I'll wait a bit :)

No comments: