Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Due Date

Today is our due date! And as I hold a probably 8 pound baby, I can't imagine that people are carrying these things around inside them. And then they deliver them! Holy cow. This baby is starting to feel pretty heavy to me. I now prop him up while he eats because he is heavy in my arms. And I can't believe his chubby cheeks!

At almost 6 weeks old and on his due date Walker.....

Weighs about 8 pounds
Eats really well, obviously
Still has never cried beyond being picked up and soothed for a second
Has developed acne :(
Loves his baths
Holds his head up well
Has the intelligent look in his eye like he wants to smile, and has given me a few almost smiles
Does NOT sleep through the night!
Does sleep one 5 hour chunk
Still has his hair, and the hair on top grew. Most people would call him bald, but we've had babies much balder than this.

And we.....

I- still have never felt bugged by him in the night. I LOVE to be with him and feed him. I feel sad that he has changed so much and grown so big even though I know it's what he is supposed to do and it means he is healthy. I have realized he has way too many newborn/preemie clothes, and I wish he could wear some of them more often. I don't think I have ever enjoyed a baby more than this, partly because of his sweet personality, but partly because I am in a different frame of mind, and was ready to devote all my energy to this baby. (When G. was born I put my energy toward the basement and I didn't enjoy him nearly as much) I have loved my time with this baby, we are so bonded, and he is so sweet.

Isaac- Calls him "this guy" Always wants to hold "this guy" and gives me a play-by-play of every single facial expression he makes. Can carry him around quite well.

Dawson- Holds him occasionally, talks and plays with him frequently. Is working on names for the next boy and prays for our next baby.....oh boy.

Henry- asks constantly to see or touch him. Just for a second. He just gazes at him for a second or touches him lovingly, just to get his fix.

G.- still says, "I wanna hold it." And an "it" is just what he sees Walker as. Jealousy hasn't been an issue at all since we've been home.

Dave- is proud of Walker and me. Lets me do most everything, but is the cutest daddy to Walker on the rare times I let him hold him.

No comments: