Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hemy


One of the highlights of raising young children is witnessing them learn to talk. I absolutely love it as they learn to say new words, some of which don't come out quite right. Isaac was a pretty early talker, with pretty good pronunciation. Dawson said his first words even earlier than Isaac, but took a long time to really talk. Henry has taken his time, not really feeling any urgency to talk. Just when I started to worry, he started catching up. You can actually see the progression day by day. One day he came to me and said, "Cookie please?" I had a bowl of cereal in my hands. I figured that was close enough though! The next day he started saying, "Sheeall please?" Today the word "banana" has been substituted with the word "cupcake." Dude, I'll give you a cupcake any time you want!

He has just recently learned how to say his name, which is so fun. "Hemy" is what he calls himself. When I am passing out food for the boys if he is last he will say, "Ahh Hemy?" In other words, "What about me mom?" My other boys had/have deep raspy voices. Not Henry. He has a tiny little munchkin voice, which matches what a little munchkin he is.

I put this picture at the top because it is so classic Henry. He loves to stand and watch tv, rarely does he sit. You can see how teeny tiny he still is, especially those legs. He has a very petite build. He actually still wears some 6-12 month pants because he is so skinny. I think G. Jesse will catch up fast. The little bun hanging out on the right side is pretty funny too. I ran out of diapers and he is wearing a size 2, which apparently don't fit that well. But the most classic part of this picture is those shoes. Henry has always loved shoes since he was a baby. He is completely obsessed. He wears these shoes to bed, and almost all day long. He panics if you try to take them off him. We went camping as a family a few weeks ago and I heard Henry sleep talking. Do you know what he said? "Ahhwaa shoe." The boy even dreams about shoes.

I couldn't love this boy more. He makes me so ridiculously happy I can't express it. I have never met a child as fun and dear as this little Hemy. I'm very grateful for him!

PS He just took a bath.... with his shoes on.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I agree, so fun when kids learn to talk. It is silly, but I always feel special to be the only one that can understand most of it! You know, another one of the mom privileges! :) "Hemy" sure is a cutie! :)