Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First stitches





There has to be a first for everything, right? Well, we had our first stitches of the family. Isaac was using a knife to cut a hole in a jar for a bug to breathe. Makes sense, right? Forget about the five million times I have told him not to use knives, or the 2 million times he's reminded me that he can't use a sharp knife. All that went out the window when the bug needed to breathe. So he wound up with a nice size hole in the webbing of his forefinger and thumb. Remarkably, it didn't bleed much, and we learned that area of the hand is actually hollow, so you could see right in there. I tried taking pictures of it, but the didn't turn out that great. He was actually playing at a friend's house when he did it, and happened to be wearing a superhero costume (I'm too clueless to know what superhero he is). I kept snapping pictures of him and he said, "Mom, why are you taking so many pictures?" I told him I thought it was really funny.

2 stitches was all it took, and we were on our way. Everyone laughed as I took him out of Instacare, I told them that even superheros get hurt some times.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Poor Isaac! Glad it wasn't worse though! You would think the costume would have protected him! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't worry Erica you'll have your superheroes down pat before your done!