Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day of Preschool

Today is a good day. I sent off TWO kids to school today. It was exciting. It was Dawson's first day of preschool. I decided to not do joy school with him, and send him to the Sport's Academy preschool with his cousin Naomi. I am so excited for them. When I taught tumbling at that preschool I had a little boy/girl cousin set in one class. It was so cute how they interacted, different than the other boys and girls treated each other. I hope it works out the same for Dawson and Naomi, that they can be great friends.

I did work at the Sports Academy Preschool when Isaac was a baby teaching tumbling. I always swore I would send my kids there as I do think it's the best preschool in town. But since I was pregnant the last two years there was no way I could drive Isaac across town all the time. So Trisha and I are carpooling, and I am feeling better this year with definite plans to NOT be pregnant this year. The Sports Academy Preschool have an incredible program. They swim for an hour on Tuesday and tumble for an hour on Thursday. And they run an incredible preschool for the kids for the other two hours. I can't wait to see the things they come up with for the kids this year, it should be awesome.

So this morning I got up with Isaac and started getting him ready. I came out of my room to find Dawson on the floor in the hall wrapped up with a blanket with it over his head. That's not out of the ordinary for him. He doesn't wake up very well. The first thing he said to me was, "Preschool's not that fun." I assured him it was and it would be worth waking up and getting ready. Well, somehow Henry woke up early, which hasn't happened yet since Isaac has been in Kindergarten. So when I walked Isaac to the bus stop Henry screamed the whole time, sure I had abandoned him forever. At this point I did have Dawson convinced that preschool WAS fun, so he was cooperating to get ready. Oh wait, jump back to the walk to the bus stop. I walk out the door holding Isaac's hand and he says to me, "It smells like a good day mom." "No Isaac," I said, "that's horse poop." But his good mood couldn't be dampened. "Well it smells WET, and that's a good thing mom." He's a good kid.

Henry was not happy about the neglect of his mother getting older brothers ready for school. He was panicked about his "paa-paa" (backpack), his shoes, and his bottle. And I just ran around getting Dawson ready. When Daws was finally ready, I walked him outside to take some pictures, and I could scarcely get a picture without Henry in it. Here is what we got. (Notice the little red croc over the blanket sleepers)








Go ahead and enlarge this one. It's worth it.


I am thrilled to have two kids gone today, and I think I'll go get some things done before the baby wakes up. Bye.

5 comments:

Cathie said...

Two kids gone! WOW! Enjoy your time!

Jocee Bergeson said...

I am POSITIVE the decision to send Dawson to an outside preschool will single handedly be the best parenting decision you've ever made. ENJOY!!!!

Tiff Rudd said...

How nice for you to have a small break and fun for the kids!! ENJOY!!

Carrie said...

I have to agree. It is really nice to send them out the door trusting that they will be enriched and safe. I think Sports Academy will be awesome for Daws.

Brittney said...

awesome! freedom is yours!!