Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm due today!

My ticker on the side says, "It's go time!" I am SO, so, grateful that I am not having a baby today! I held him this morning as I fed him and felt sick thinking about this monster being inside me. I think there is a reason for my preterm labor as I don't see how I could physically carry this baby inside right now. This week he weighed 7.5 pounds. Can you believe that? He is going to be HUGE! I am so glad I have had the last 5 weeks with this precious little baby. He has been so much fun. I sometimes feel guilty for having another angel baby after Henry, and then I think about my pregnancy and I feel like I deserve it!

As I look back on what happened 5 weeks ago, it seems unreal. I almost feel like we made it up. Did I really deliver my own baby in the car? It seems like a dream now.

I love this little boy! He is so sweet and we DO love little boys at this house! It seems funny that I was disappointed to be having another boy. Now I can't figure out why I wouldn't want 4 boys. It seems perfect. Here is a picture of him, I need to post some other great pictures from his photo shoot. She did such an awesome job.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

If you were me then you would be having your baby in 8 days. Ha Ha. Going that far overdue for a couple of my pregnancies is just as bad as it sounds, believe me! 7 lbs 5 oz is a good birth weight so he is right on schedule if he was due today. Good job G. Jesse!

Kurst said...

That picture is way cute, I can't believe how tiny he is. Mya was only one week early and she was 7 lbs 2 oz I'm sure she would have been bigger if I'd waited another week. Glad you've been able to have him here the last five weeks instead of surviving the terrible last five weeks of pregnancy.

brookiebaby said...

Oh so cute! I agree, you DO deserve an easy baby after what you went through! :) I think that I wrote on my blog that a nurse was kinda snappy at me and said, 'well you lucked out with an easy delivery" I was like, well, if you knew about my pregnancy, you'd think I earned it! :) Also, I used your advice from five years ago, and I'm now a "on becoming babywise" mom! I LOVE that book! even though I started late, he's now had 4 nights of sleeping for 8 plus hours! Whoo hoo! Now, if I could get used to it, and not worry about him not breathing, so I could sleep too! :)
Love ya sweetie! PS I'm open for advice on raising boys! :)

Eean said...

How cute is that!! I love the picture and the stories from your other posts. Fun to be able to keep up with you even from long long away Florida. Best to you from the Crawfords!