Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Isaac!

Happy birthday to my number one monkey, Isaac! He is five years old today. I am having a hard time comprehending that I have a five year old son. I can't really post about Isaac without bragging, he really is brag-worthy. He is an exceptional child, and we love him to pieces! He is smart, obedient, sweet, and thoughtful.

Isaac is on a major Indiana Jones kick after he got the Lego Indiana Jones game for Christmas. So Isaac and Dave decided to have an Indiana Jones birthday party. Dave is planning the party games and I made the announcements and cake. I don't think I've ever made a theme cake before, it was really fun. Isaac wanted it to be of the scene where he runs from the "ball" as he said. So here it is.



Check out the little idol, whip, and box with the ark in it.

And here is his invitations


All of Isaac's presents are Indiana Jones. He got some other Indy action figures to go with the one on the cake, an authentic Indiana Jones hat, and a soft whip that plays the theme song and makes "cracking"noises.

Yesterday I called Isaac "Indy" and he corrected me, "No, call me Indy five year old, because it's almost my birthday!" Okay! So then at the store he wanted to sit in the cart. They don't make carts to fit four kids, so I told him to act like "Indy five year old." and walk. He said, "I'm not five yet!" Convenient...

This morning I told him happy birthday, and he came in my room a few minutes later and sweetly told me that I could tell him happy birthday two times. He left happily after I wished him a happy birthday a second time.

I'll post pictures of the party later...

4 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! What a great Birthday theme - the cake and invitations are so cute! Hope everyone had a great time!

Kurst said...

Happy Birthday Isaac. Alex loves Indiana Jones, what a great idea for a party.

Bettridge Family said...

Happy Birthday Isaac. I forgot I had Kaylynn on his birthday. They are exactly a year apart. I hope he had a fun birthday. It's fun having parties for them. I always get sad because they get older and I don't want my babies to grow up. Congrats on the new baby!! You are lucky you had him early. Lori's friend just had a 12 lb. baby. YUCK!

Julie said...

Erica- I am so sorry that Max missed the party. His mom can't read a calendar and was thinking it was Thursday, not Wednesay. He thinks Isaac is great and always talks about him. We will have to set up a play date for them some time. You are looking great by the way!