Thursday, April 2, 2009

Birthday Videos

I've mentioned several times on here that I lost a lot of memory (due to the Ambien I took) on the night I had the baby. I originally posted on here that I didn't see G. Jesse in the NICU or get any pictures until 2:30 am. I later learned that wasn't true. I held him at 11:30 before checking into my room and that was when the pictures were taken. I plugged the video camera into the computer to download what little footage we did get of the baby at the hospital, and to my surprise there was video of our little NICU date at 11:30. I was so thilled to see that! I can't believe how well Dave handled everything that night. It was quite a whirlwind. So I am very pleased to see that he thought of taking video, especially since I don't remember it. One of the best parts of the NICU video is hearing the nurse explain what all his NICU equipment was. I was very confused as to what the tube in his mouth was. She explained that it was venting air from his tummy. I've never heard of that before.

I have had a lot of people amazed at how calm I was through the whole process. It really wasn't scary. So in the first video you can see how I was less than an hour after the birth, I still have memory of this time frame. And really I felt pretty normal at this point. Then in the second video you can see the Ambien really taking over. I slur my speech and feel dizzy with my eyes half open. You can see why I forgot the whole thing ever happened!

So feel free to click on these short video clips.



2 comments:

brookiebaby said...

I'm seriously surprised that you remember ANYTHING about that night since you had taken an ambien! My husband takes them and some things will happen, and when I try to tell him, he doesnt believe me! It's a STRONG medication! :)

Melissa said...

Hi Erica and Dave,

Congratulations are you new baby. I found your blog by linking from about 4 other blogs. It's the out of hospital charge is a joke!!!

Melissa Low (Andy's wife) send me your email address and I will send an invite to my blog. mlow25@hotmail.com