Monday, October 20, 2008

What is it?

I had an ultrasound today, done by my dr. It was fun to see the baby, who looked very healthy and very calm. In fact I don't think the baby moved the whole time. I guess that's why I hardly ever feel the baby kick anymore. Anyway, we got a great shot of the baby's privates, and we (the dr. and I) had no idea what it was. He thought it looked slightly more like a girl, maybe 60% girl, but basically it was totally inconclusive. It measured way bigger than the last ultrasound, at 16 weeks 5 days instead of 15 weeks 4 days.

So I spent the whole day obsessing over the pictures, and have myself feeling more like 60% boy, but really the pictures aren't nearly as good as a live scan. I think I'm going to have to pay for an elective ultrasound so I can know sooner than my next appointment in 4 weeks!

Sooooooo, if this baby is a boy I have spent a lot of time thinking about why that will be great. Of course I would prefer a girl, but I'm thinking about how a boy will be just as good. First of all, maybe it will be good to have boys, and then have girls at the end. We do the boy thing, then the girl thing. That might be nice. Then I got on Gap and Old Navy and couldn't find one thing I wanted to buy for a newborn girl. I don't like the colors pink or purple. So it's not like I'm dying to buy girl clothes. And I LOVE my baby boys, so I'm sure I would LOVE another.

So I'm playing the "glad game" which I learned from the movie Polyanna, do you remember that movie? There are so many reasons why I will be glad to have a boy, even though I would prefer having a girl next. It still could likely be a girl, but I'm preparing myself either way. Whatever it is, I can't WAIT to find out..... we'll see how long I can hold out.

3 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

Don't hold out. Go find out asap. I can't wait, even if you can! :)

Trisha said...

Oh you make me laugh! I want to know nearly as badly as you!!! Ok, probably not quite, but I'm anxious to know too.
And if it IS a girl, I think you'll change your tune a bit on the pink and purple. The mothering instint thing will just take over and you won't be able to help yourself- probably you should be glad if it's a boy because it would be so much easier on your wallet! LOL keep me "posted"!!!

Tiff Rudd said...

You are so funny! Way to go on the positive attitude! I am anxious to find out what you are having too! Make sure you post right away! Can't wait!!