Sunday, March 30, 2008

How do you train up a kid properly?

Well, if they are half Biada, you start them early on garlic and pasta! Today we had pasta and sauce made out of my garden canned tomatoes, garlic, and onion. Henry is SO into food this last week or so. As he watched every bite go in and the empty fork come out, I decided to give him some. So I pulled out the total blender, put in some pasta and sauce, and blended it up until it was smooth and creamy! Henry ate two servings, and could hardly contain himself in between bites. Forget that Gerber stuff, this tasted good, and was very healthy. Garlic has many health benefits, and my tomatoes are organic, canned fresh from my garden and high in lycopene! And don't think that there was just a little sprinkle of garlic powder in there, if you know me you know that we buy chopped garlic in bulk and use large quantities.

So sorry to all you babies out there whose moms feed them rice cereal (following doctors orders!), Henry's mom throws that all out the window and gives him the goods!

2 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Was that his first solid food? It sounds delicious! Henry, are you willing to share?

Tauna said...

I think Tyler is jealous! All he gets is the rice cereal- one bowl in the morning and one bowl at night. i think you've inspired me to try something new- we'll see how that goes. your kids are so cute. love the one of you and Henry. Your such a cute mommy! How is the city council going for dave? Is he way busy?