Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Funny Dawson story

Dawson has been a little bit sick and yesterday he slept until 12:30 in the afternoon. He went to bed for the night at 5:00 pm. Very strange schedule! So I was geared up for him waking up some time in the middle of the night, which he did. At 3:30 Dawson woke up to go watch ball. So I brought my blanket and laid on the couch while he watched/played ball in the middle of the night. I didn't turn on any lights because I wanted it to be abundantly clear that it was still night time. As I lay there, he kept coming up and kissing my knee. I couldn't figure out why he kept doing that. Finally I opened my eyes a little bit and paid attention to him when he did it the next time. I realized he was saying Bubba when he kissed my knee (I don't pay attention to the word bubba as it sounds very similar to baba(bottle), bobo(Blanky), and bubu(buh-bye))

He thought my bare knee, which was poking out of my blanket, was Bubba's bald head. So he kept kissing it and saying "Bubba." Hey, it was dark!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

wow, you should have called me:) Naomi was up at 2:30 a.m. last night for about an hour! She's been sick too and went to bed early too. Anyway:)
That's totally funny though about bubba! And so cute that he kept kissing "him"

Lo said...

That is so adorable! I love that little monkey. How sweet that he kept trying to kiss his bubba, whether it was your knee or not. Good thing for 24 hour sports!

Unknown said...

That is halarious!

Unknown said...

I was up at that time too we should have had a party!