Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

So yesterday was my 26th birthday. Which marks the beginning of the birthday marathon that is March and April. 3/35- me, 4/6- Mom, 4/8- Isaac, 4/11 our anniversary, 4/16- Dave, 4/27- Dad. WOW!

So on my birthday, the city was rude enough to hold a city council meeting. Thus, I decided to go spend the day in Bountiful with my fam. It was a nice day, very relaxing. My family watched the kids so I could go to the temple. When I showed up, they said they had been praying for patrons, and I thanked them very much because even with their prayers it was really tough to get there. After my temple work I treated myself to dinner in the temple cafeteria (With my birthday money from my in-laws- Thanks to them even though they aren't bloggers :) I had Tilapia (to die for!), potatoes, vegetables, a roll, and some divine peach pie. I thought it was a great way to spend my birthday!

My parents bought a birthday cake, which I'll post pictures of later. It had a lot more character when Dawson accidentally stuck his hand in it. Then it said, "Ha y Birthday."

As for presents.... I asked Dave for new jeans, but I asked him to let me take care of it :). My parents got me a $50 gift card to Cafe Sabor or Hamilton's (Two incredible restaurants). And Dave's parents gave me some birthday money, perfume, and a book about motherhood. Oh, and of course I must mention my friend DeAnne who gave me Southwestern Eggrolls from Chili's which I promptly scarfed down. Mmmm, I love them! Seriously, you can never go wrong with giving food as a gift!

5 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

Happy late b-day!!! Sounds like you had a fun day. I can't believe you/me are 26 - too old...hey, what's the site you use for your good coupons? is it the pinching pennies site? just curious. :)

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great one!

Tiff Rudd said...

Happy Birthday Erica! When did we get that old? Glad you had a good day! I sure wish I could go with you to Hamiltons of Cafe Sabor - my two favorite places!! Boy I miss good old Cache Valley! And you too of course! :)

Elise and Lane said...

Happy Birthday Erica!

brookiebaby said...

Welcome to life as a 26 year old!!! It's all down hill !!!! :)
Ha Ha!
Happy b-day late!