Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pregnancy Post

Yes, I feel sick. I spend a lot of time in bed. But I must admit that I feel better than I did with probably all my other pregnancies. I think I am better medicated. I am taking B6, B Complex, Zofran, Phenergan, and Zantac. How's that for a cocktail? I think it's working, I'm not as sick as I could be, and I've only thrown up 3 times. But when I throw up, it is always following a night out. So I'm staying home from now on.

My little sister Kate has spent a lot of time here playing with my boys. They have had a blast with her. And I pretty much ignore everyone and stay in bed. It's a great situation, and we're grateful for her help.

My little sister Lauren brought me the sweetest mother's day present of all the foods that she knew were working for me in this pregnancy. It cost way too much for a college student, and it was painful accepting the gift thinking how she spent her hard earned money on it. Lauren notices things. She is very thoughtful. A lot like Aimee was.

My mom is probably the most positive person I have ever met. She is always genuinely surprised/excited when I answer the phone and don't sound like I'm dying. She helps me to remember to be grateful that I'm not sicker.

My children understand. They know I'm sick, and when they ask, "Mom, can you get me some cereal?" What they are really saying is, "Hey mom, if you get up in the next half hour or so, could you quickly get me some cereal while you're up?" They are patient and kind to me, and have been pretty well behaved through my sickness.

My house doesn't understand. It can't figure out why I don't clean it or take care of it. It's just going to have to be patient. I can't afford a maid.

My husband is WONDERFUL! He has been so patient with me. Willing to drop anything, at any time of the day and go buy me whatever I am craving. Understanding of the messy house. And he is always checking up on me, hoping that I am feeling well. He makes this baby possible, I am grateful to have his support.

My uterus is stretched out. Or something! I look about 4 months pregnant already. But I really don't care, I do whatever works to survive, and usually wear sweats while I do it!

That's the update for now. The boys are telling everyone we are having a boy and naming him Walker. Sooooo, that's what we're planning on unless an ultrasound tells us otherwise. We'll know for sure at the end of July. I can honestly say I will be quite happy either way. I'm just so excited to have a baby, and thrilled at how "far" apart this baby will be from G. Jesse. I am loving have my little G. baby for a little bit longer.

2 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

So glad you are taken care of and doing what you can to take care of yourself. You'll survive -- you always do! You are amazing!! Oh, I'd love the details on the cocktail for future for me but more importantly for my neighbor who is DEATHLY ILL and miserable. ;)

Jocelyn said...

It's so awesome that you have such a support system around you. I sometimes feel guilty for not havingore kids because I don't experience the sickness that accompanies pregnancy for so many moms. If I was your next-door neighbor, I'd take your boys frequently. But it sounds like they're very responsible little fellows and respect that their mama is growing an alien in her belly at the moment. They're awesome!