Monday, May 9, 2011

Crazy Pregnant Dreams

I always have crazy dreams when I am pregnant. Last night I dreamed that we were on a cruise ship that had a circus. You had to climb up many flights of stairs to get to the show. I saw on a poster that my dad was the main event as an acrobat. I suddenly remembered that he did that, somehow I forgot? So I ran and ran up the steps to see his show just as it was starting. Up, and up all those flights of stairs. I was exhausted and out of breath when I reached the top, only to look down and see that the acrobat wasn't my dad. I saw the poster at the top of the stairs with another man's name as the main event. Apparently the poster I saw earlier had been old. But of course they replaced him, he's dead. Of course I didn't remember that he was an acrobat, because he didn't do it anymore.

I cried and cried, and I couldn't even catch a breath between my sobs. And I woke up dry sobbing in my bed. No tears, but sobbing. It's weighed on me a little this morning. But my dad never was an acrobat anyway. I was so excited to see him, but when I'm awake I know I can't. I think I'll just blame crazy pregnant hormones. But for some reason I felt like blogging my dream.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

While I don't have the life experience leading to these kinds of dreams, I will agree that I have CRAZY dreams when I'm pregnant. Crazy. And I woke up sobbing many a time in my pregnant dreams. They suck.