Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I had the best Mother's Day I could have possibly had this year. I woke up to Isaac bringing me breakfast in bed at 9:00. Peanut Butter Sandwich, and canned pears. Hey, I'll take it, and I ate most of it. I showered and curled my hair, but then felt too sick to go to church. I just couldn't seem to stay upright without wanting to throw up, so G. Jesse and I stayed in bed all morning. After church my mom and sisters came over and they made dinner for us. Mostly my mom did the work. And she cleaned up afterwards. I feel a little guilty for her Mother's Day, but I couldn't do much, I just felt too sick.

I forgot to include my "poor mans massage" that my little boys gave me. Lotion on the feet. Monster trucks on my back. And my hair brushed. It could use some improvements, but I can't complain too much.

I am SO grateful to be a mother. I just adore my little boys with everything I have. Being a mother is the most tiring, thankless job out there. Sometimes I feel like they don't even notice the things I do for them. But I wouldn't trade it for any career. I love being with my little boys, I love being their mom, I love knowing that there isn't much more I could sacrifice, I give pretty much everything I have to motherhood.

I am SO grateful for the man who enables me to be a mother. He is so supportive of me, especially right now that I am a lump in bed, and he does EVERYTHING in his power to help me survive. He loves being a father, and is overflowing with joy at the thought of having baby #5. He works hard for our family, and is always trying to be better.

I am SO grateful for my own mother, and thankful that I got to serve her a little in the last year, because she is serving me way too much right now. But she has been raising kids for 37 years, and continues to do it. It is a blessing to have such a wonderful mother who has taught me so much. I am so lucky to live close to her now, and have such a close relationship with her. When I got in the car today, it took 10 minutes for me to convince G. that we weren't going to Grandma's house. He just kept begging! My kids love their Grammy so much!

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I made my own dinner, but it was still a delightful day. I'm glad yours was even more relaxed -- you deserve it when you're so crafty you make babies!!! :)

Happy Mother's Day to one of the most remarkable mothers I know.

Seriously... said...

haha...if i thought that kody would be even kinda supervised i would send him in a heart beat....but I think 3 is pushing it for my husband :) we'll work up to it!