Friday, August 6, 2010

Funny Kids

And I mean "funny"

You see Henry has been calling a BUNNY a FUNNY ever since he learned to talk. NO ONE is to correct him, because it is so adorable.

I was putting Henry to bed the other night and asked him if he wanted his cat (no, not a stuffed animal like most kids, a shrinky-dink cat. Yeah, we're cool)
He said to me, "I wanna sleep with my funny." I resisted the urge to munch on him.

A few weeks back there was a creepy van driving around with it's windows covered by blankets. He drove slowly around the neighborhood several times, and was scary enough that I locked my kids in the house and told them not to go out. I was down in the basement working and I had the door open to go in and out to use the saw.

Henry came down and I told him not to go outside because there was a bad guy out there. "Bad guy?" he said in a very serious voice. Then I saw him, out of the corner of my eye, slyly slink out the door. I heard the following words in a high pitched, sing-song voice, "Bad guy? Bad guy, where arrrrrrre you? I can't seeeeee you!"

Yesterday Isaac came up to me in a panic and told me that Dawson was trying to rip off Henry's face. I thought it was hyperbole, but indeed Dawson was trying to rip Henry's face off. My kids generally aren't that physical, so I was surprised, and punishments followed.

At dinner last night we had corn on the cob. I remarked that the corn wasn't very good. Isaac said, "I repeat, this corn is disgusting." He is so funny, always trying to sound smart.

I told my little Dawson that I wanted to eat his dimpled cheeks right up. He caught on to the fact that I loved seeing his dimples and spent as much of that day as he could with a painfully large smile so I would see his dimples. Then, without moving his lips he would say through his teeth, "Mom, see, look Mom!"

Baby G has a thing for pointing. Every time he wakes up from a nap or in the morning he jumps in my arms to go point. He points to the pictures in the hallway, and the picture of Jesus (and he says Cheesus, so cute) Then he points to the picture of the temple and say di-da which apparently means temple. Have I ever mentioned that he has delicious, chubby cheeks. Yum

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

My kids have words they mispronounce, too, and I will NEVER correct them. It is too adorable.

Love love love kidspeak. Glad you recorded it!