Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekender






My hubby whisked me away for a long, scandalous date at the lake this weekend. He has been planning it for quite some time now, typing up itineraries, tweaking itineraries.... you know, doing the Dave Low thing.

My wonderful mother, sister, and brother stayed at our house and took care of our boys. The boys were in heaven.

When I was in California, Dave took my boys to the Pickleville Playhouse to see Bandito Rides Again. My boys loved it. The couldn't stop talking about it, and Isaac practically memorized the play. I've never been to the Pickleville Playhouse before. Dave taught some of the children of the owners, and most of the cast. So it was especially fun for him.

So when he planned this date, he got tickets for both Bandito (the melodrama) and Crazy for You. They were both fabulous, and extremely entertaining. We laughed almost the whole time. I had no idea I was missing out all these years at Bear Lake by not going to Pickleville.

Friday night we arrived in Garden City and ate at Cafe Sabor. It's one of my favorite restaurants ever. Then we went to the play. It was fabulous.

We slept at the Low Family Cabin (really a house) and in the morning we went Four Wheeling and Jetskiing. Unfortunately it was pretty windy and I hated the jetskiing. It's funny now, looking back, my ears hurt, I was cold and wet, and we hit a big wave. Water filled up my eye and bent back my eyelid. I started sobbing. Like a baby. Dave started laughing. Promising me we were almost back, but laughing. I couldn't stop crying and he couldn't stop laughing. It was pretty funny. I was so happy to be back. We packed up and left, and got in the hot tub at the cabin, and I was much happier. We cleaned up, ate dinner, and went to Bandito. It was a lot of fun. We grabbed a raspberry shake and drove home.

I love my sweet husband for planning this fun little getaway for me. Thanks Dave! And Mom!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I haven't been over this summer, but we're hoping to get there in Sept for the last Bandito show. I love it there.